Wednesday 6 November 2013

Running insoles all you need when running

Hey guys.. I know I don't blog much here.. I never have enough time. But recently I went running with couple my friends and all of a sudden snap... my feet where in huge pain and I was hoping all the way home.. looking like a right goon. Went then to see a doctor who said I must rest for ages because I have plantar fasciitis he also said I ought to get some proper footwear with some proper supporting insoles in my shoes next time otherwise it will comeback.. this is what I HAVE SINCE FOUND OUT....

buying running shoes which can cost loads can be a waste of money... no really as running shoes give no support or protection whilst you run. Make sure you are protecting your feet! Running insoles are used and are a lot more important than what running shoes you are wearing as running orthotics are designed to absorb shock stopping the shock from hurting your feet.. the insoles also have added arch support to prevent stress and tension building up and inflaming the plantar fascia.. if the plantar fascia is to get inflamed or damaged this can turn into plantar fasciitis (heel spurs). Make sure that if you are going to go running that either your running shoes have got built in arch shock absorbing insoles or that you get some online and put them in.. you will see a huge difference in shoe comfort too... so make sure you do! Not only that runners are far more likely to get overuse injuries form running that normal people some of the best insoles help to stop the shock.. damage and tension that can cause overuse foot injuries. When we run our feet undergo a lot of shock and insoles will combat this making sure that this shock is dealt with quickly.... if when you run after a while your feet start to ache this is exactly that... and means that the shocks and pressures are damaging your feet and overtime this can lead to injury if you do nothing about it.. so get protected. When I first started running i used to get running injuries all the time.. I first thought that it was down to my running technique.. I looked online for running technique tips.. and after a while my running technique was near perfect yet the aches and pains continued... it was only after reading more on running injuries and how you can avoid them with orthotics that I realized it wasn't my running technique that was the problem it was in fact my poorly fitted and rubbish runnign shoes which didn't have the right insoles... Remember sports people, and runners get injuries all the time even the professionals.. and that because of issues like lack of arch support and protection rather than poor technique. If you want to protect yourself and keep on running what is stopping you from getting some arch support insoles or some running insoles..You dont want plantar fasciitis do you which will mean you want be able to run for some time? Insoles dont cost a lot but can prevent all this really silly injuries.

At our running club we are always telling fellow runners to use orthtoic insoles..... regardless of what shoes they are wearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment